Elected to a four year term in November 2011, Andrea began serving “The Friendly City” on January 1, 2012 and is chairperson of the Safety Committee and the Service Committee. She is also a member of Transportation, Property and Supplies, and Economic Development.
Born and raised in the City of Warrensville Heights, Andrea is a mother, daughter, sister and active, life-long member of Aldersgate United Methodist Church. A Graduate of Warrensville Heights City School District, she wears her Tiger Pride boldly. Andrea earned a Bachelor of Arts in Communication-Public Relations, from the University of Toledo in 1991 and a Master of Science in Journalism and Mass Communication from Iowa State University in 1994.
Andrea has learned a lot from her work with more than 500 communities. She is proud to use her experiences for the most important community—her own.
Warrensville Heights is not just any city. Warrensville Heights is home.
- Adjunct Professor, Tim Russert Department of Communication and Theatre Arts at John Carroll University
- Executive Director - The Delta Center, Cleveland, Ohio
- Manager of Community Relations and Events - TOPS Markets LLC
- Communication Specialist-Northeast Ohio Areawide Coordinating Agency (NOACA)
- Editor-Cleveland Life Magazine
- Board Member - The Earth Day Coalition
- Board Member - Urban Journalism Workshop
- Board Member - Young Women's Christian Association (YWCA) of Greater Cleveland
- Cleveland Bridge Builders Flagship Class of 2006
- Diamond Life Member - Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated
- Member Warrensville City School District Strategic Plan Team
- Member Warrensville Heights Charter Review Committee
- Member Warrensville Heights Master Plan Advisory Committee
- Member-Cleveland Chapter - National Association of Black Journalists
- Member-Harvest For Hunger Oversight Committee
- Member-Warrensville Heights High School Alumni Association