POSITION TITLE: Personnel Director
DEPARTMENT: Personnel Department
REPORTS TO: Chief of Staff and Mayor
The Personnel Director/Human Resources Director guides and manages the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies and programs for the City of Warrensville Heights. Major directed areas include staffing; employee orientation development and training; policy development and documentation; compliance with regulatory concerns; compensation and benefits; and employee relations, services and counseling will be responsible for performing human resource related duties on a professional level and work closely with senior human resource management. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, and performance management, on boarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance. The Personnel Director of Personnel is responsible for implementing HR policies and programs and managing all aspects of employee relations and development. The Personnel Director reports to the Chief of Staff and Mayor and serves at the pleasure of the Mayor.
• Responsible for coordinating and directing the efforts of all City departments in the selection, interview process, and hire of qualified candidates in various positions in order to serve the public and residents of the City of Warrensville Heights.
• Participates as a contributing partner to the City’s mission and planning process.
• Establish relationships with key community organizations and individuals to assist in achieving the City’s goals and objectives.
• Provide departmental training to Personnel Department support staff.
• Create, maintain, and retain employee personnel files and records and develop and maintain a retention schedule under applicable state and federal law.
• Develop and serve as ancillary administration of compensation packages including salaries and wages, health plan and other fringe benefits.
• Protect employer and employee rights under current labor laws.
• Maintain accurate records of employee paid time off including accruals and usages.
• Compile, prepare and maintain accurate personnel records for independent and State of Ohio compliance audits.
• Troubleshoot and resolve problems and serve as liaison between benefits providers and employees.
• Prepare separation pay calculations for exiting employees.
• Monitor all workers compensation claims; maintain individual claim file for each employee; act as liaison between MCO and TPA for claims management; advise Mayor and department heads of budgetary impact of claims on operations and future premiums.
• Interpret and review various collective bargaining agreements; establish and maintain relationship with union representatives and members.
• Assist all departments in compliance with federal, state and local employment law, policies and procedures and other employment issues; prepare reports for various federal, state and local agencies as required by law and request.
• Effectively manage department under budgetary constraints; prepare annual departmental budget and departmental appropriations.
• Review and prepare updates to the administrative employee handbook.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration or education with at least five years of progressively responsible human resources, payroll, finance or municipal management experience.
• Human Resources professional certification highly preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to use personal computer---Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Background Check required.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Full-time position.
Qualified applicants please submit resumes by August 31, 2018 to:
City of Warrensville Heights
Attn: Dawn Cowan
4301 Warrensville Center Road
Warrensville Heights Ohio 44128
Or e-mail to [email protected]